Atmiya Sparsh is excited to announce its first charitable walk/run on September 16th 2017, to raise funds for the Cancer Care Program at Trillium Health Partners and Atmiya Sparsh Community Building Initiatives. This ‘Open to All Family Event’ endeavours to bring together families across the GTA to experience participating in healthy outdoors activity while engaging in selfless community service.
Atmiya Sparsh Community Building Initiatives
Atmiya Sparsh is run through 100% volunteer efforts; our dedicated team of volunteers conduct a wide array of outreach programs, seminars, workshops, social networking events and recreational activities as an integral part of community building and engagement activities. We believe that by working together we can make a greater difference!
Funds raised will also enable an expansion of our outreach capabilities and support programs offered to the local community. Our newly expanded centre in Mississauga will enable us to:
- Make structural modifications for ease of accessibility for seniors and the physically challenged
- Host an increased number of programs such as improved training workshops for the development of employment skills, career and team building activities to facilitate youth development
- Establish health clinics, health education seminars and yoga and meditation workshops that will enable us to raise awareness and educate the community about healthy living
- Host programs and camps for children that help them acquire new skills and foster higher selfesteem
Our goal is to raise awareness, educate the community and provide the necessary support to achieve overall health and mental wellbeing for the entire community.
Cancer Care at Trillium Health Partners
Trillium Health Partners plays a critical role in the wellbeing of our community. The Carlo Fidani Regional Cancer Centre helps meet an important need for cancer services in our community. By making a donation to Let’s Walk2Care, you are ensuring that the cancer program remains one of the best in the country. Your support will help Trillium Health Partners to:
- Revitalize space for surgical oncology so that our patients have greater access to state-of-the art surgical treatments;
- Create a new women’s imaging centre to increase access to screening for women in our community and faster diagnosis;
- Bring surgical robotics to our region so that patients experience less blood-loss, nerve damage and pain, faster recovery time, smaller incisions and fewer post-operative complications; and
- Support system innovation through research and analysis to develop new approaches to care with a focus on improving the patient experience and further reducing wait times.
We take this opportunity to invite you to partner with us and participate. Your support helps us make a greater difference within our community.